Emeril's One-Pot Blogger Cooking Party: Spicy Sirloin Steak Fajitas

Blogpics 016

Hey guys!  I've been blogger-partying my butt off lately (I know, nerd alert!), and cooking up a storm in the kitchen during the few days I've actually been home.  Phew!  But I was challenged to cook 9 recipes in 3 weeks out of Emeril's new cookbook, Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders, and dang-it, I'm gonna do it!  Plus, it's pretty fun ;-)

By the way...  Emeril's cookbook goes on sale TODAY!  So click on the link above and get your copy so you can cook all the stuff I've been cooking!  Also, head on over to my previous post here to get yourself entered to win a copy of your very own or a set of  Emeril by zak! Table Art 7-piece Flame-Shaped Serving Bowls!  Hurry, the contest ends at noon on Wednesday, September 28th!

Speaking of fun...  fajitas are pretty much always fun, right?  I mean, who doesn't like them?  Well, there's a great steak fajita recipe in this book and I was really happy with the final product.  Spicy, flavorful, and fresh.  The only thing I changed was instead of using sirloin steak, I used flank steak that I had in my freezer.  I would also serve some of your favorite hot sauce on the side of these, too, just to give them a little more oomf if you're anything like me.

After the jump, I'll show you how these spicy steak fajitas are made.  Also, don't forget to check out more recipes cooked for you by my food blogger buddies here:

Bite and Booze and on Facebook here.
Just off the Red Streetcar Line and on Facebook here.
Diabetic Foodie and on Facebook here.
Tracey's Culinary Adventures and on Facebook here.
The Boys Made Me Do It! and on Facebook here.
Mommy Hates Cooking and on Facebook here.
Farmgirl Gourmet and on Facebook here.
Cajun Chef Ryan and on Facebook here.
Savoring Today and on Facebook here.
Not Rachael Ray and on Facebook here.
Miss in the Kitchen and on Facebook here.
30AEATS and on Facebook here.
Foodhunters Guide to Cuisine and on Facebook here.
Thyme in our Kitchen and on Facebook here.
Cooking with Books and on Facebook here.
Goov-y Foody and on Facebook here.
Manges! Mangi! and on Facebook here.
The Wicked Noodle and on Facebook here.
Cookistry and on Facebook here.

Also, check out Emeril's Facebook page here: Emeril Lagasse and follow him on Twitter here: @Emeril and check out Emeril's publishing company, Morrow Publishing, blogging here: The Secret Ingredient, and on Twitter here: @MorrowCooks, and on Facebook here: Morrow Cooks.


Ok, so the first thing you want to do is mix up your marinade, which consists of lime juice, cilantro, smashed garlic, chipotle sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, crushed red pepper, coriander, cumin, and olive oil. 

Blogpics 002

Put your steak and the marinade in a resealable food storage bag and pop it into the fridge for a half hour while you prep all your other ingredients.

Blogpics 003

Next, slice up some bell peppers (get a couple different colors so it looks pretty), onions (white or yellow and green), and a little cilantro for garnish.  Also, mix up the following spices to sprinkle onto your veggies while sauteing them: chile powder, salt, pepper, and cumin. 

Blogpics 004

After you've done all that, you can take your steak out of the food storage bag...

Blogpics 005

...and brown it on both sides in a hot skillet with olive oil.

Blogpics 006

After your steak has been browned on both sides, let it rest on a plate and tent it with some aluminum foil. 

Blogpics 007

Next, saute your onions and peppers in some olive oil for a few minutes. 

Blogpics 008

Sprinkle on your spice mix and saute a couple more minutes until the onions have some color and the peppers are tender.  Transfer the mixture onto a platter.

Blogpics 009

At this time, slice up your steak into thin strips and make sure you're slicing the meat against the grain so it stays nice a tender.  You'll see that it's still pretty rare in the middle.  That's ok, because we're going to saute it back in the pan for a few more minutes to heat it back up and get it to more of a medium-well doneness. 

Blogpics 010



Blogpics 011



Blogpics 012


Once the steak is done, put that on your platter with your peppers and onions and put out some fixin's like sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, and fresh lime wedges.  Here's a pic of a finished fajita using whole wheat flour tortillas. 




Blogpics 019



These were delicious and I would definitely make them again. So get your butt out to the bookstore or go online and get yourself a book of your own! Ok, gotta go cook up more food... see you again very soon!



Comments

  1. This looks so good! I like the idea of searing the whole steak before cutting into strips. I usually cut first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness those fajitas look super! My husband loves fajitas and I don't make them near enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks perfect! Love fajitas, they are such a quick and lovely dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look quick, easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer flank steak for fajitas so you upgraded this recipe in my book! And I like my fajita medium rare so I thought they were almost perfect to begin with. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you are commenting to enter a giveaway, please do not comment as "Anonymous". If you choose to comment as "Name/URL", please use your Twitter handle as your Name or provide a URL that provides us a way to contact you in the even that you are the winner. Thank you! ~ FOODIE